Peanuts! Are you nuts?

Posted on Updated on

Peanuts have always been millions of Indian’s favourite munching pass time. Never would one imagine that apart from suffering from allergic reactions, one can also suffer a near fatal heart attack.
 
Until that is, this case came to light. The story of a 2 year old, Krishna Yadav who almost choked, nibbling peanuts. Not only did these little pieces of peanuts obstruct his airways, but also led to the toddler suffer a heart attack. Thankfully, a cosmopolitan city like Mumbai has a very good bank of doctors with equipment readily available at their disposal for life saving surgeries across the city in leading private & public hospitals.
 
When we have such safe hands, there is always hope. Hope that rests soundly among the medical community – who have devotedly given their time in saving other’s life and continue to do so.
Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Peanuts! Are you nuts?

    Realm said:
    September 24, 2013 at 9:47 pm

    The doctors of this country are really now coming to be at par with those on the international scale. It is a good thing Krishna. God bless the child

      ignite2communicate responded:
      September 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm

      That time has long since come, Healthcare in the country & the world over have grown by leaps & bounds. The mortality rates have significantly reduced, there are more joyous families around, all in all the state of affairs have a significantly brighter future.

    Anonymous said:
    September 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm

    Mumbai, truly a city of greats

    Shraddha said:
    September 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

    Simple n common things which are part of daily life can become so dangerous… Never knew….

      ignite2communicate responded:
      September 25, 2013 at 8:12 pm

      That is a point. But thankfully we have doctors and the technology to save young souls like Krishna Yadav.

    Anonymous said:
    September 25, 2013 at 7:33 pm

    the poor kid! hope he has recovered well

    Anonymous said:
    November 3, 2013 at 10:08 pm

    Reminds me of a fellow school student whose brother had choked on grapes more than 40 years back. Thank God, today Technology and Medicinal Sciences have progressed so much that such cases are fewer,

      ignite2communicate responded:
      November 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm

      Cases like these happen, as rightly pointed Technology & Medical Sciences have progressed to such a level that the chances of emerging unscathed and recovering quickly have multiplied by leaps and bounds.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s