Peanuts have always been millions of Indian’s favourite munching pass time. Never would one imagine that apart from suffering from allergic reactions, one can also suffer a near fatal heart attack.
Until that is, this case came to light. The story of a 2 year old, Krishna Yadav who almost choked, nibbling peanuts. Not only did these little pieces of peanuts obstruct his airways, but also led to the toddler suffer a heart attack. Thankfully, a cosmopolitan city like Mumbai has a very good bank of doctors with equipment readily available at their disposal for life saving surgeries across the city in leading private & public hospitals.
When we have such safe hands, there is always hope. Hope that rests soundly among the medical community – who have devotedly given their time in saving other’s life and continue to do so.
- Docs save 2-yr-old who suffered cardiac arrest after eating peanuts (dnaindia.com)
- Peanuts Give 2-year-old Boy Heart Attack (medindia.net)